You have roughly one week to produce something compelling using the skills you’ve honed over the past five weeks.
Q: What are your inputs?
A: (Roughly) one week of (relatively) undivided attention
Q: What is the required output?
A: A compelling product presentation delivered to your classmates.
How to start?
In this project you have to build a full stack application
Pick an idea for your project.
Determine which technologies to use [in our case we will build the project using]:
- React || angular || Vue as front end framework
- Node js express to build your server
- Mongodb as database
- Heroku or Netlify for deployment if you have time.
Ps: if your product at the end is more than an MVP you are doing it wrong! So don’t waste time on a high polish when you could be creating additional features
Think about the project main features(Imagine what portion of this could be done in one week.)
Start with the most naive implementation
Cut more features than you are comfortable with
Fill in the README.md template document
Use iterative development (go straight to something that demo’s your idea)
There is a huge difference between Iterative development and Incremental development :
- Incremental development : is building one part completely at a time based on the original idea.
- Iterative development : is building a rough version, validating it and then keep building more and more functionality in it.
So for a short time project like this one the iterative development process can be your best friend
- Prepare for to give a pitch and demonstration of your work(Beeline for a demo.)
Your instructor will share the project repo with you.
While Working on projects Git and Github should be your best friend so
- commit often,
- push your code often we don’t want you to lose your code one day before the presentation, that will be so bad.
Create a pull request
Happy Hacking 🙂