Preprocessors (aka precompilers) can make your life much easier by eliminating code repetition and providing all sorts of yummy time-saving and code-saving features.
- What is a preprocessor?
- Why do preprocessors rock?
- What does it mean that a preprocessor "compiles to CSS"?
- What is SASS/SCSS?
- How can you use SASS to nest CSS?
- How can you use SASS to work with variables in your code?
- Why is it awesome to use mix-ins with SASS?
- If you’re not using Rails, how do you set up SASS?
- What is LESS and how is it different from SASS?
- What other preprocessors are out there?
Look over SASS’s getting started guide, which provides a brief look at its awesome features and then watch this 20-minute Sass Crash Course:
- A List Apart walks through specifically how you should be using SASS (lots of best practices in there) so read up and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR HELP?
When looking for help, try doing so in the following order:
- Did you try everything you could?
- Did you read the documentation?
- Did you Google for it?
- Did you post your question on Slack/Forum?
- Did you ask your fellow students for help?
- Did you ask your Mentors for help?
- Did you leave a comment on the comments section of this page?
- Did you ask your Instructor for help?